A note from the author
Thank you for taking the time to look at my book. This is a book about discovering how to power walk and the astounding number of benefits that come with it. It is not only learning how our bodies work, but also realising that our attitudes and beliefs, what we eat and drink and even how we breathe all create who we are. You will find out how small and simple changes can ultimately have a huge impact on your health, fitness, and quality of life. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know what you think! Nina
1. The Power of Walking - what is power walking and why do it?
2. Getting Started - what to wear, how to choose your shoes and what other equipment you may need
3. Start Walking ~ how fit are you, planning your route, posture, how to power walk, common mistakes
4. Stretch and Strengthen ~ why stretch, upper and lower body stretches, warming up and cooling down
5. Inner Strength, Outer Power ~ thinking positive, meeting your challenges, mediating, what to eat
6. Walking for You ~ walking on your own or in a group, walking and pregnancy, walking with children, competitive walking
7. Out and About ~ road and trail walking, walking in different climates, safety whilst walking
8. Caring for Your Body ~ body awareness, pedicures, massage
9. Training Programmes ~ all sorts of different programmes depending on your challenge: beginner, intermediate, advance, short distance, half marathon, full marathon, weight loss Useful Resources Index Walking Log
Paperback: 160 pages Language: English Publisher: Dorling Kindersley
Really Helpful! Review by Di
(Posted on 05/06/2012)
WalkWear Service Value Quality
My daughter lent me her copy of the book when I entered the London Moonwalk and I found it really helped me to get back to full fitness (and I lost a stone in the process).I found the stretches particularly helpful.I was so impressed I bought my own copy and am still using it (and still walking) I guess I'm an addict now.
Really useful and inspirational! Review by Karen
(Posted on 22/02/2012)
I found this really inspirational to get me started and now use it as reference about everything from stretches to walking technique.
Well worth the small investment for learning the healthy way to enjoy walking and minimise injuries (fingers crossed!).
Now feel confident I can manage my first ever Moonwalk in May! :-)
Great Book Review by Clare P
(Posted on 18/02/2012)
I found this book very useful. Full of practicial tips and advice. It's easy to dip in and out of.
- Q. What are the delivery options?
- A. UK Express Delivery - 2 working days from dispatch - £7.50. On Express Delivery UK orders over £150 are now free! Overseas locations will have varying postage costs that you will be made aware of when you checkout.
- UK Standard Delivery - 2 -3 working days from dispatch - £4.95. On Standard Delivery UK orders over £99 are now free!
- Q. When I place my order how quickly is it dispatched?
- A. We aim to dispatch items within 72 hours of receiving your order. However, at peak periods (Christmas and new product launches for example) it may take a little longer.
- Q. Which countries do you deliver to?
- A. We deliver to the UK, USA and EU member states.
- Q.How do I track my order?
- A. You should have received an email with your tracking number on it. Click on the number in the email to find out where it is or call us on +44 (0)845 076 6358